Thursday, June 10, 2010

Flushed

During the summer, my face tends to look washed out compared to my sun-tanned physique. If this happens to you, know that it is because we wash/exfoliate our faces more often than we do our bodies. I exfoliated my face last night and although I looked refreshed and tan when I went to bed, I woke up looking very pale and unhealthy. I hate when that happens! So, i decided to add a step to my routine to bring some color to my face.

Benefit (of course) has these wonderful lip and cheek tints. Since I was so pale this morning, I used the lighter color, Posietint. I like to apply a cheek tint after my concealer but before my setting powder. This allows the color to come through your make-up, creating a flushed look instead of looking like it is concentrated only on your cheeks. Posietint looks like it is a very bright hot-pink , but don't be afraid. It is perfect for pale skin tones because it is creamy pink instead of the typical red, so it is not too harsh. To use: apply two or three dots onto the apples of your cheeks and blend outwardly using your fingertips as your tool. Repeat this step until you have the color that you want. When I use Posietint on my cheeks, I also like to put it on my lips to bring some more color to my look.

Benefit has another alternative for deeper skin tones or if you are looking tan and just wa
nt a flush of color to your cheeks. Benetint is a watery red version of the creamy Posietint. I love using this when I am tan and going out for the night because the good thing about lip/cheek tint is that it basically stains your face where you apply it. (No worries though, It will not stain forever! It is washable!)


>>Tip: Mix a liquid highlighter (such as Benefit's high beam) with Posietint and apply to the cheekbones for a camera-ready, fun summer glow!


Enjoy!
-Morgan



>>P.S. Before and Afters are soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...