Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Philosophical Appearance

So far this Summer has been great! However, my skin has been reacting negatively to my recent late night bar hopping and random lengthy sunbathing. I started thinking about the best products that would heal and protect my skin from nature's impurities. I wanted something that would allow me to still wear makeup without allowing my products to make my skin worse. I came up with a two-step process to use before applying my makeup that will balance my skin back into a beautifully radiant texture.
If your skin seems like it is breaking out no matter what you do, you need to balance it back to normal. In order to do this you must ban all of your harsh products (facial scrubs, anything with a benzoyl peroxide percentage higher than 2.5%) for at least two weeks. Replace these products with a gentle cleansing face wash. I like using Philosophy's Purity Made Simple facial cleanser. It dissolves any dirt, oil and makeup and leaves skin with its natural moisture. It is perfect for making my sensitive skin squeaky clean! It is pH-balanced, so the more you use it, the more it will balance your skin. It is a great cleanser for daily use.
 
After you are done admiring your beautifully cleansed skin, apply a primer that seals in the cleanliness and blocks out contaminants. I absolutely love The Present Clear Makeup by Philosophy. It is silky so it moisturizes and protects your skin. It is like a barrier that seals in what you want on your skin and protects it from anything that could cause breakouts. The great thing about this primer is that it makes your makeup go on so much smoother, so you don't have to wear as much!

Tip: If your skin seems too dry to go straight to the primer after cleansing, apply a light moisturizer and allow it to dry before priming! Listen to what your skin tells you it needs during this process. You may just be dehydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...